20 Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water And Honey in the Morning
Drinking lemon water in the morning is one of the best things you can do for your health. This beverage is not only refreshing, but nutritious too. Water keeps you hydrated, while lemon improves digestion and removes toxins from your system. Due to its high antioxidant content, this fruit neutralizes oxidative stress and boosts immunity. It’s also an excellent source of vitamin C, ion, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and dietary fiber.
Here are 20 health benefits of drinking lemon water first thing in the morning:
1. Lemon contains citric acid and other key nutrients. When combined with water, it helps digestion and stimulates the production of gastric juice.
2. This refreshing beverage provides your body with electrolytes, such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
3. When consumed regularly, lemon water helps reduce muscle and joint pain.
4. Lemon water is one of the most powerful liver cleansing formulas available. This beverage eliminates toxins and water from the liver.
5. The enzymes found in lemon water are better absorbed by the liver compared to those in other foods and drinks.
6. Do you suffer from constipation? Then you should drink lemon water every morning. This beverage keeps you regular by stimulating bowel movement.
7. Lemon boasts natural anti-inflammatory compounds that relieve sore throat and fight respiratory infections.
8. Due to its high potassium content, lemon keeps your brain sharp and supports the proper functioning of your nervous system. Drinking lemon water in the morning can relieve anxiety and depression.
9. This beverage revs up your metabolism, strengthens the immune system, and fights free radical damage.
10. Lemon water helps lower blood pressure and keeps your heart healthy.
11. It also cleanses your blood and arteries, which helps prevent heart disease, stroke, and atherosclerosis.
12. Water with lemon regulates your body’s pH levels. This drink has alkalizing effects and wards off diseases.
13. One of the main causes of gout and joint pain is uric acid buildup. Lemon water helps dilute uric acid and relieves pain.
14. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and can improve the appearance of your skin. By drinking water with lemon, you’ll have better looking skin and fewer wrinkles.
15. Mixing a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water is a natural cure for heartburn.
16. Vitamin C, one of the key nutrients in lemon, is beneficial during pregnancy. This compound enhances your body’s natural ability to fight viruses and infections. Lemon also contains potassium, which plays a major role in the baby’s brain development.
17. This fruit is a great source of pectin fiber, a natural compound with appetite suppressing properties. By drinking lemon water in the morning, you’ll feel less hungry throughout the day. This beverage aids in weight loss and keeps hunger at bay.
18. Studies have found that lemon water helps dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
19. Gingivitis and tooth pain can be relieved by drinking lemon water every morning.
20. Raw, organic honey is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which protect the body from bacteria and boost the immune system. Cold and flu symptoms, such as coughs, sore throats, and congestion are also kept at bay when treated with honey.
How and When to Drink Lemon Water
This healthy beverage is made with lemon and purified or spring water. All you need is half a cup of warm water, half of lemon or lime and a teaspoon of honey. Do not add sugar! Use a juicer to mix everything. If you don’t have fruit, add lemon essential oil into water.
Drink this mixture first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Lemon water and honey can also be consumed one hour before meals. If you want to stay fit and healthy, make it a habit to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water.
Share this Post